Book Buddies

Hi Friends!  I hope you're having a wonderful summer!  Somewhere in between all the feedings and diaper changes I have been busy trying to wrap my brain around the new job I'll be starting in the fall.  More on that in a minute, let's first take a look at my sweet boy!  He is a little over 6 weeks old and is changing everyday!



I apologize for the baby picture bombardment on instagram and I know I am completely biased but I think he's just so stinkin' cute!  

Okay onto other business...I have officially graduated from grad. school and will be a working speech-language pathologist in a pediatric clinic this fall! Unfortunately, this means I had to pack up and move out of my beloved school that has been my home for the past 7 years.  It was where I met my husband and my best friend so needless to say it's been a hard transition. But, I am ready for a new challenge.  I won't have a classroom anymore but I will still be working with children.  Some of my therapy will focus on literacy and vocabulary which will be very similar to some of the activities I previously used with my kiddos in the classroom. Although some of my clients will be much younger than I was previously working with. So, in an attempt to build my therapy materials I created somewhat of a hybrid using some of my favorite books for younger kiddos.
These packs were created with literacy and language in mind and would work great in both a classroom setting or a therapy setting.  There are common themes throughout all four packs such as phonemic awareness, sight words, comprehension questioning, writing and vocabulary skills.  Click on any image below to check them out on TPT!











Anyone headed to the TPT conference in Vegas??  I am so jealous that I won't be going this year but have my fingers crossed for next year!  

No comments:

Post a Comment