Math Fact Stacks and an Educents Deal!

I have been working on my Math Fact Stack packs FOREVER and I'm glad to let you all know they are finally done!!  I have really been a busy bee during spring break this week! One major thing I have noticed this year working in a Title I position is that my students do not have adequate math fact fluency.  There's a lot of finger counting and picture drawing going on.  Not that these are bad strategies because they definitely aren't but when a 4th grader is still adding on their fingers, I feel that we need to target some math fact fluency.  I have found that math fact fluency not only gives my students confidence but greatly improves their accuracy especially when completing multi-step problems.

 I have used math rings in the past with success so I took that method and put a little twist on it.  These packs contain math fact flash cards that you could turn into a ring or simply staple together to make a "math fact stack".  The point of the program is to practice math fact fluency for mastery.  In the packs I include several other ideas for how to use the cards in addition to making them into a stack for independent or buddy practice.  

I also include "quick assessments" which you can administer to test your students on their math fact fluency each week, they only take 1-2 minutes to complete.  Since I am a firm believer in my students understanding the method behind our learning madness, I also included data sheets for students (and teachers) to track their mastery each time they test on a math fact level.  

I have developed a pack for each of the 4 operations and a bundle pack that includes all 4 at a discounted price.  You can click on any of the pictures below to check them out in my TPT store!






Whew…that was quite a project but I have been using them with my kiddos for the past couple weeks and I have already seen difference, they especially love moving from one level to the next! 

 For more math news…I am excited to announce that I have two packs in an Educents bundle this week!  My Money and new Elapsed Time pack are both included in this GREAT deal of a pack!  It's a Geometry, Time and Money pack for 2nd and 3rd Graders! Click on the image below to check it out. It includes 9 packs total and it is currently on sale for $10.99!

For anyone still wondering, I am still pregnant with exactly 3 weeks until my due date!  Since we are so close to Baby K making his appearance we have been hanging out at home and relaxing this spring break.  During this time I have a few more things I am working on over our "staycation" so hopefully I'll be back in the next day or so with a summer-themed update.  I hope everyone is having a great week!

1 comment:

  1. So excited for you, Deana!! Can't wait to see pics of your sweet boy!

    ReplyDelete