January Currently

I know it's a few days past the beginning of January but it has been so long since I've done a Currently, I felt like it was time! This Currently is not very school related since I've been out for 2 weeks but in case you were wondering what's been going on with me, here ya go!
I feel the need to explain some of my Currently's in case you wanted more information.  : )

 For my "needing" category…I was really sick with the stomach flu the week before break so I missed the last 2 days of school. I didn't even get to deliver my cute soap gifts, I was so bummed.  Luckily my husband and I work at the same school and he handed them out for me.  Being out before break definitely made me not as as prepared for our return tomorrow.  I have some emergency activities always prepared "just in case" but I feel so unprepared! 

I am really wanting a snow day!  Not just to get a day off of school (because we have to make up any day we miss) but I would like to see some beautiful snow!  All my friends up north have been getting a ton of snow and I'm sure they're sick of it but I'd really like just one little snow day down south.

My memory that I won't forget from this Christmas is definitely about our sweet little baby we are expecting in May. Over break my hubby and I revealed Baby K's gender to both our families using these cute booties.  We sent our families a picture of the booties in black and white before break so they were all very curious to find out if they were pink or blue!

And then we wrapped them up so they had to open a present to find out!  We were so excited to announce that Baby K is a BOY!!
Since we found out I have become obsessed with planning the nursery.  My mom and I did some serious nursery shopping while I was home in Virginia and I dragged my husband to a few shopping trips as well over break.  Let's just say shopping is definitely not his thing.  I "think" I have settled on a grey and white nursery with accents of navy blue.  I don't really want a definite theme but there will be a few elephants hanging around.

Sorry for such a non-teaching related post but that's what I've been up to lately! If you want to check out other currently's be sure to head over to Oh Boy 4th Grade!

  If you're headed back to school tomorrow I hope you have a great week, I know all those kiddos will be so excited to be back! 

7 comments:

  1. What a fun reveal - congrats! Can't wait to do something fun like that someday and love seeing everyone's cool ideas. :-)

    Kristen
    Sprinkled in Second

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your baby boy! We are having a girl in April. I'm doing a gray and yellow nursery with hints of elephants too! It's so easy to go crazy with a theme, so we stuck with simple neutrals too.
    Good luck on your first day back!

    Sara :)
    The Colorful Apple

    ReplyDelete
  3. Deanna,

    CONGRATS on a baby boy! I love the color scheme for the nursery. :) Have a great day back tomorrow!

    Mrs. Thompson
    Adventures in Teaching (A First Grade Blog)
    My TpT Store
    adventuresDOTinteachingATyahooDOTcom

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so happy for you! A boy is perfect.....well so is a girl!!!! I got two great Christmas presents! My daughter is having her first near July 6th, and my son's wife us having their second on July 13th! We can share baby pictures! Good luck with your nursery design!
    Patty

    ReplyDelete
  5. So excited to hear about your news! Thoughts of a baby boy to ring in the New Year sound absolutely perfect! CONGRATS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on your baby boy! How exciting! Designing my daughters nursery was so much fun.

    Found your blog through Currently! Would love for you to head over and check out my blog…if you hurry and are one of the first 14 commenters, you'll win freebie!
    Lindsay
    If You Give a Teacher a Treat

    ReplyDelete
  7. Deana this idea is absolutely adorable. I LOVE how you revealed Baby K's gender :) And loving the elephant. We are doing hints of elephants for baby girl too :) Must be an elephant type of spring :)

    ReplyDelete