Word Wall Wizards

I have been super busy planning over the last few weeks and I was brainstorming a quick exit activity for my 2nd graders who needed to reinforce phonics/phonemic awareness skills and I came up with Word Wall Wizards!  I decided to put various phonics/phonemic awareness tasks onto stars and glue them onto popsicle sticks to create Word Wall Wands!

For the last 3-5 minutes of my small group instruction I give each of my kiddos a Word Wall Wand and send them to the Word Wall.  If they can't read the task, I read it for them.  Then, they have to find a word (or words) on the word wall that answers their star task.  Simple, quick and the kids love it!  Here they are before I glued them to my popsicle sticks. I made them all different colors just for fun. You could also copy them onto colors based on difficulty for easy differentiation.

Want to try Word Wall Wands with your kids??  You can grab this FREEBIE from Google docs by clicking on the picture below!

Happy Tuesday!

6 comments:

  1. I love this. Thank you so much. My kids are going to have so much fun with their new "wands".

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so cute! I used to play word wall games with my students during snack time - they loved it!

    Sara :)
    The Colorful Apple

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fabulous! Thank you so much for this freebie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all of your ideas. I blogged about one of your products today. Check it out. Thanks for all you do. I enjoy reading your blog.
    http://thenewprincipalprinciples.blogspot.com/2013/09/five-for-friday-fabulous-finds-friday.html

    ReplyDelete