Five for Friday!

Happy Friday!  It's time for Five for Friday over at Doodlebugs! Here are five pictures of my last week of vacation! I go back to school Monday and kids come the following week! 
I spent the first half of the week wrapping up our family vacation at Round Lake in Michigan.  It only took us 12 hours and 5 states to get there but it was well worth it!

I tried to get a sunset picture every night and this night was the best I could get! The sunsets are just so beautiful there, the sky always turns a bright pink and red.  I also didn't realize how much I missed the lightning bugs that came out right after the sunset each night.  For some reason we don't have lightning bugs where we live in North Carolina. 

Everyday the temperature was between 70-79 which felt like October for us southerners but it was so nice to just sit outside (with very little humidity!) and read for hours!  The lake was so calm and relaxing. 

And then I came home to this newly waxed classroom, aren't those floor so nice and shiny?! I haven't done much yet besides move some furniture around and just stare at the walls trying to decide what I want to put where but I will definitely take some pictures of the finished product (and hopefully post them next Friday)!


2 comments:

  1. We all notice our shiny floors! :) And the clean carpets make my heart beat faster too. Your sunset picture is beautiful. Happy school year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK wow!! Round Lake looks BEAUTIFUL!!! It's now on my wishlist of places to visit!!
    Erin
    The E-Z Class Follow on Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete