Sunday Smorgasbord and STUFF

Hi Friends!  I just wanted to drop in today to share a few of the things I've been up to this past week.    First, I am linking up with Michelle over at Fabulous in First for a new linky party all about randomness and this whole post is really random!  Here's a few pictures of randomness that was my weekend!

Hubby and I spent the 4th with some fantastic teacher friends and these two!  We were lucky this was the one day in the past two weeks that wasn't raining, anyone else getting tons of rain this summer??


I was feeling crafty on Saturday and after reading THIS post a few months ago I finally decided I should give it a try. I experimented with different chevron burlap but ended up going with the black chevron since it stood out the best on our front door.  This wreath was SUPER easy and I'm pretty excited with how it turned out!


While I was at Hobby Lobby looking for wreath things, I was sucked into all the chevron fabric and knew I had to make something since I LOVE chevron and I'm a sucker for all things turquoise/mint, this fabric is somewhere in between both colors.  I desperately needed to cover these old pillows so I followed THIS tutorial and this is what I came up with!

Theres also another new linky in town hosted by Christina Bainbridge about all the STUFF that we as teachers pile away during the summer to take back to school.  I am kind of embarrassed to show you my stuff but here is the pile that keeps growing in my office (pay no attention to the Harry Potter books in the background)!
I'd like to say that hubby has school stuff in this pile too but really the only thing that is his are the fabric curtains that I took home to wash.  Besides his curtains I have board games, my rocking chair that was a gift from my looping class a few years ago (I take it home every summer), back-to-school books (I have a project for these in the works), chair pockets (to wash and fix), centers (that I took home to organize), my at-home school supply kit for summer projects and various other knick knacks that I want to take to school come August.  Hubby doesn't know it but I'm planning a quick stop at IKEA when we go visit our families and with the number of times I have hit up Dollar Tree and the Target Dollar Spot this summer I'm sure my little pile will continue to grow! Show off your STUFF or check out other teacher's STUFF by linking up over at Bunting, Books and Bainbridge!


And if you noticed my pictures have some new cute borders that is because I am wayyy behind the times and just found out about the A Beautiful Mess app (.99 cents) that lets you add all these cute doodles, borders and words. Check it out by clicking on the app icon below!

12 comments:

  1. Love that crafting! Everything looks awesome. Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pillows!! We've had a lot of rain here too. Luckily the 4th was a beautiful day!

    Sara :)
    Smiling In Second Grade

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your wreath and pillows! So cute!
    Kate
    Fun in ECSE

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm in NC too and I was sooo glad to see sunshine this weekend! Love the wreath and the pillows...too cute!

    Nicki
    Mrs. Thigpen's Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE your wreath! So cute!

    Thanks for sharing your piles and linking up!

    Christina
    *Bunting, Books, and Bainbridge*

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your wreath is super cute! I'm recovering some pillows for my classroom using chevron material.

    Stephanie
    The Learning Chambers

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Deana,
    Your wreath is darling...I am in love with that app too!!
    Vicky
    Traditions, Laughter and Happily Ever After

    ReplyDelete
  8. Deana, I love the crafts! Hope you have a great week!
    ~Amber
    Our K Crew Rocks

    ReplyDelete
  9. Simply identified your blog! and just what a treat : are already searching and also wanting for these kinds of detailed info. Thank you!

    cheap blade soul gold
    Dioblo 3 Gold Kaufen
    cheap rs gold

    ReplyDelete