BIG News!!

I have BIG news about next school year.  I have been waiting to share my big news with you because we all know how things can change in a school but I have begun getting things ready for next year (and my principal still says that she hasn't made any changes) so I think the time has come! Next year I will officially be a Title I reading/math teacher in grades 2nd and 3rd!!  I am SO excited for this change but also nervous at the same time.  I have never taught 3rd grade and not having an actual classroom of kiddos will be a huge change but I am ready for the challenge!  I will still be teaching at my same school which is awesome because I LOVE it and I will still have 2nd graders for half the day so I won't be too far out of my comfort zone.  But, this means that I will now be working on 3rd grade materials too, last year I worked really hard on getting all my 2nd grade things in place so this upcoming year I will put a lot of focus on 3rd grade.  

I have already been thinking of how to wrap my brain around a new curriculum.  Last year I started with my 2nd grade Pacing Guide, which I still plan on using this upcoming year, and this is exactly where I started with 3rd grade!  This pacing guide is not exactly how my year will go (and I'm sure it will change) but it gives me an idea of what the 3rd grade classroom teachers will be doing so I can adjust my plans accordingly.  I will only be teaching math and reading but I like to pull in science and social studies material whenever possible so I included those as well.  I had a lot of question about last year's Pacing Guide which I tried to answer HERE,  in that post you'll see that a lot of the themes/topics are specific to how my county decided we would be teaching the new CCSS curriculum last year and the order in which they wanted us to teach the standards. 





If that's too fuzzy for you, you can download the pacing guide in PDF form, HERE

THANK YOU for sticking with me through this change!  I am super excited to see where this year goes and to learn right along with my kiddos!  

10 comments:

  1. Congrats...3rd grade will be me new to me too...I will be looping with my students and teaching Multi-age 2-3 :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! That's exciting news. You have already put a lot of planning in already! Great job :)
    Elizabeth
    Fun in Room 4B

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your new job! Though I am sad that you will not be posting as many new second grade products, I definitely recommended your stuff to my third grade friends!

    Alex

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! 3rd graders are great! I currently teach a 3/4 class and I love it. I'm your newest follower with TpT and Bloglovin'. I can't wait to see your new grade 3 products. :-)

    Renee J
    Growing a Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on your new job! Thank you so much for posting this 3rd grade guide (and your previous 2nd grade pacing guide). I've been teaching kindergarten for the last two years and will be teaching a 2nd/3rd grade combo class this year. These guides will definitely come in handy this year.

    Thanks for the share!
    Kristin
    The Write Combo

    ReplyDelete
  6. This. Is. Awesome. Thank you so, so much for sharing this. I have had a lot of teachers ask me for a 3rd grade pacing guide and I am THRILLED to be able to point them right to your post rather than reinventing the wheel! Thanks again! :D

    Blair
    One Lesson at a Time

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this! Would you be willing to share the editable version? Or sell it? I teach Spanish Dual Immersion and would like to add my Spanish standards to it:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. HI! will you please send me the editable version to sandyrgibson@gmail.com?
    Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is exactly what I am looking for! Would it be possible to send me an editable version? Thank you! jennifertucker1@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete