One Small Step...

Ya'll I have been so sick, I am finally starting to feel more like myself today but this cold has totally knocked me out!  Here are the only two sad little pictures I have taken ALL this week! We are now working on counting coins! The first is my money anchor chart to review some 1st grade skills. This is not my favorite chart I've ever made but in my defense I was making it while running a fever on Monday, so I wasn't on my game!

The second picture is a hodge podge of some of the money resources I have been using this week.  Centers and activities from my Money! pack and problems of the day from my 4th nine week math pack! I was out sick yesterday and today I was trying to catch back up so I didn't get to take many pictures today!

Since I was stuck in bed all weekend, I did do a little work on what we're going to do in ELA next week.  Next week (and the week after) we will be focusing on chapter books, in particular Magic Tree House!  Next week we will read Midnight on the Moon as a class and I put together an ELA unit to go with the book!  You can click on either picture below to check it out on TPT.

Magic Tree House is always a HUGE hit with my kids.  In addition to the One Small Step unit, I'll also be using pieces of these two units too!

    

Leave a comment for a chance to win a FREE copy of One Small Step...don't forget your e-mail!!  I'll pick a winner by Friday (tomorrow is my birthday!!)  Happy Wednesday!

21 comments:

  1. Happy Early Birthday!! My Birthday was Monday!!!
    docketta@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great! I hope you feel better soon!

    rtwigg@g.clemson.edu

    ReplyDelete
  3. One Small Step would be ONE GIANT LEAP in our math skills! Get better :) Smiles and stop by anytime!
    rose.wenzel@abvm.org

    ReplyDelete
  4. My students love Magic Treehouse, too!

    You are one busy girl when you are sick...I am impressed!

    tokyoshoes at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks great -- my students love magic treehouse as well -- we share a birthday week as well -- mine is today! Happy Birthday (tomorrow)
    julia
    juliasmajdek@ccs.k12.nc.us

    ReplyDelete
  6. Woo hooo! It's your birthday! Time to celebrate! I hope you do something fun this weekend to commemorate it!
    I just started reading Magic Tree house books with my class this year. My kids loved it! I would love to win this set!
    Patty
    pjrbar@sturgisps.org

    ReplyDelete
  7. I used your recent Time & Money Pack this week. Great resources and the kids loved the games. Heading over to check out your Literacy Pack. Glad your feeling better.
    Tracyhowell@ccs.k12.nc.us

    ReplyDelete
  8. May babies are the best!!! :0) My birthday was last week! My kiddos love Magic Tree House books, so I know we would enjoy your new unit... But more importantly: HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

    Courtney
    courtni_con@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Birthday, Girl!!!! I'd love to win this unit...Magic Tree House is a hit in my room also! Do you read the books whole class or does each child have a book?

    franciscoaj4@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. My birthday is Friday! So fun! Happy Birthday tomorrow. I keep trying to win one of you units, and then I keep adding them to my wishlist.

    Thanks for sharing! Enjoy your day!


    Iteachkidsabc@gmail.com
    :o) V.
    Special Teacher for Special Kids

    ReplyDelete
  11. That unit looks awesome!I hope you feel better soon!

    Jenny
    mrsosullivangrade3 (at) gmail (dot) com
    Suntans and Lesson Plans

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks great!!! We are working on money now too. My birthday is Saturday. A lot of May birthdays ))))
    beth.shavelson@browardschools.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy birthday for tomorrow. My kids love the Magic Tree House books too. This looks like it would be a fun unit it try.

    Charlene/Diamond Mom
    charlene.sequeira2@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the clipart! I hope you have a fantastic birthday :)
    tania
    My Second Sense

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy birthday! This looks like a great unit - hope you feel better.

    Courtney
    cfcastonguay@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. First and foremost, HAPPY BIRTHDAY tomorrow!!! I hope your b-day goes well and you are feeling better :) Second, this unit looks amazing--especially for all the boys! I don't know about you, but I have a hard time trying to get some of my boy students interested in reading, but this looks so engaging and would definitely be appealing!

    Amanda
    amanda.j.beck@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. This looks like a great pack! My kids have been really into magic treehouse. I think I'll introduce them earlier next year. Enjoy your birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  18. So fun! My kiddos love Magic Tree House books! juliemarierichardson@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your unit looks AMAZING! Thank you for all your hard work and willingness to share!Happy early birthday!
    jay93083@hotmail.com

    ~Julia

    ReplyDelete
  20. Happy Birthday! My kids love Magic Tree House, too!
    andrea.m.lee84@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hope you had a great birthday!! I LOVE all your ELA units :) Do you integrate science and social studies into your ELA block or do you have a separate time for science/social studies? They always seem to have a tie in to science/social studies which I love!

    Happy Friday!
    Jenna
    I've Got It Made in Second Grade

    ReplyDelete