Five for Friday

The end of the year craziness has set in...we had several EOG's happening this week at school, which meant no resource and we are officially down to 10 days left!  Here are a few pictures from this week!

I experimented with sponges to see if THIS pin would really look like the pin and it was a success!!  We will be playing with these the first week in June. 


More writing from Hope King's end of year writing pack!  We had a little bit of sassiness in the second picture, too bad she kind of cut off her chin a tad! : )

I wrote about my soap pump last week, well I also got a matching plate for my birthday too!!  It's a mini-base and it looks so cute next to my soap pump!

I was cleaning out old paper this week and let the kids have some creative time to just scrap and draw on some of the pieces I was going to throw away.  Well, I look over and see this....  Yep, those are paper ear muffs.  I died, so sweet!

Every year we have a 5th graders vs. the teachers softball game.  It was today and this is my view from way out in left field!  We have five 5th grade classes and we play each for 20 minutes.  I played catcher for the first 3 games and then my arm was sore from throwing back to the pitcher, who also happens to be my sweet husband, so I moved to left field and didn't see much action out there. : )

Now I'm off to start enjoying this three day weekend, oh and summer grad. classes have started so I guess do a little homework too.  Happy Friday!

7 comments:

  1. A softball game! How fun! We do a basketball game but we had to start doing it in March in the event a staff member gets hurt. One year someone got hurt and needed weeks of physical therapy and there was something weird with it being workman's comp.

    SO cool to play with your husband!!!

    Those earmuffs warm my heart! Too cute!
    Have you entered the Mystery Box Giveaway?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just found your blog through the linky and started following along! I'm so glad I did- I love those sponge balls, and the future me activity! We're just starting a unit on goals and visions so this fits in perfectly! I'm in New Zealand so we're nowhere near the end of the year here... instead we're just starting our second term and heading into winter as you're all wrapping up and heading into summer! That's such a cool idea playing the fifth graders- I think I'll have to start something like that up at our school!

    x Serena x
    Magic Mistakes & Mayhem

    ReplyDelete
  3. You teachers are such good sports for playing a softball game! That's awesome! Can't wait to see how you use your sponge thingys! Happy Friday!

    Molly
    Lucky to Be in First

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun to write about a future me! That would be a keepsake for sure. Love those paper earmuffs!
    Lori
    Conversations in Literacy

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Future Me project turned out very cute!
    Tamra and Sarah
    First Grade Buddies

    ReplyDelete
  6. We had a class kickball game today, but teachers against kids sounds a lot more fun!!

    Aloha,
    Corinna (✿◠‿◠)
    Surfin' Through Second

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've pinned that before but never got around to trying it out. I'll have to make that for my own kiddos!

    Enjoy your weekend!

    Jenny
    Suntans and Lesson Plans

    ReplyDelete