Mad about Math!

After printing and cutting out all the lovey dovey Valentine's centers I started to feel a little bad for my boys.  I only have 4 boys in my class but I was thinking they probably aren't going to appreciate those cute Valentine games and centers as much as my girls will.  So, I put together some math centers, games and activities that focus on the 2nd grade CCSS we're working on with a monsters and mad scientist theme!  I thought my boys would really appreciate this when they are surrounded by a sea of pink! Each activity is centered around one specific common core standard that my kiddos need some help with.  Click on the images below to check them out!

Comment below (don't forget to leave your e-mail address) and I'll pick a winner to receive a copy tomorrow night!

I also need to take some pictures of our week tomorrow.  We had a mini-meltdown yesterday, my kids were working on their formal and informal letter writing activity from the Freedom pack.  Well, apparently I should have reviewed "informal writing" and not just assumed that they would remember from the many lessons we have had on it. Instead of cute notes with some LOL's or hey what's up? like I was expecting I got notes that just told their friends all the things they didn't like about them...sooo we had a few new lessons on formal and informal writing over the past few days.  I'll work on taking some pictures and post what we've been up to!

13 comments:

  1. Crossing my fingers! I have been trying the past few giveaways you have had and no such luck but I will continue to try! Most of your things end up on my wishlist and this one looks great! I have quite a few boys in my room who would just LOVE this!

    Jenna
    frederickjennam@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this set! It would be perfect for my class! I hope I win! :)
    Hilary
    Second Grade is Out of This World!
    hilzgard@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Let me start by saying this is ADORABLE! Even if I don't win it, it would be a great addition to my class!

    ✞Heather
    Swinging Through Second Grade
    hdawntn@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. love this unit !

    Lindsey - lmburto@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, how fun does this look?! The boys will love it!!

    Amy Howbert
    Little Miss Organized
    amyhowbert1@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks great! :o)

    Cindy
    ccfirstteacher@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is perfect for the boys! I too have been neglecting them sadly lately. Love the clip art!

    thepolishedteacher@gmail.com
    ThePolishedTeacher

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks AMAZING!!! How do you have time to create so much great stuff!!!!!??? :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yeah, the boys don't always dig all the pink frilly hearts, do they? I have a LOT of boys...ALL boys to be exact, so I really hope to be lucky in your drawing!

    tokyoshoes (at) hotmail (dot) com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I won your Crazy for Common Core pack which is AMAZING by the way! This one looks just as fantastic! I seriously love, love, love your work in these packs Deana. And that it is tied to common core is double fantastic!

    Don't enter me in this drawing since I just won, but I just wanted to send a compliment your way!

    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Andrea!!! I am so glad you enjoyed it! : )

      Delete