Open House

I just got home from our Open House and man are my feet hurting.  I forgot what it was like to stand (in anything but flip flops) for a couple hours at a time.  But, it was successful, I had 14 out of 17 families show up.  I still feel pretty lucky to only have 17 kids on my roster for the year so far and the families were all super nice. I am so excited after meeting them and know we are going to have a great year! Here are few pictures of my room set up.  I decided to go with the balloons and goldfish as a little gift.  It was a HUGE hit! I don't really mean to but I guess I have a star theme in my classroom.

These stars are on the table because my kiddos get to take their star over to their cubbies and pick which cubby they would like. Try not to look at that big mess of cords hanging from the desk.  I have to find a way to bundle them so they don't look like a mess. I wish the Smartboard photographed better, I thought my welcome slide was so cute!

This is the view from behind the cubbies.  I think the balloons were awesome, I picked them up from Dollar Tree this morning.

The purple folders on the desks are the way I communicate each day.  I call them their STAR (Stuff To Always Remember) folders, sticking with that star theme. 

I stole Kristin from a Teeny Tiny Teacher's idea of a Wish Garden over there on my white board. Sadly, I think my garden is still growing, I didn't do a very good job of selling it tonight.


I used goldfish to keep the balloons from floating away, which was a Pinterest idea. If you like my oFISHally labels you can grab a copy for FREE by clicking here! I also ordered a tree and branch decal that Denise from Sunny Days in Second Grade shared from her classroom library to fill up some of the huge white walls I have by the windows, I can't wait for it to arrive! I need to go lie down and prepare myself for Monday, if I'm this tired after 2 hours, I can only imagine what Monday will be like!
Photobucket


4 comments:

  1. Your classroom looks great! I bet your balloons were a big hit!
    Lori
    Conversations in Literacy

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pretty classroom! Your students are so lucky to learn in such a beautiful place. Good luck on your first day. I'm almost done with my first week and I am so exhausted.

    Ѽ Lori
    Teaching With Love and Laughter
    luvyorkies@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. A warm and inviting place! Oh...they are all going to shine!
    SMILES and stop by anytime!

    ReplyDelete