My classroom so far...

Two days back and I am exhausted!  However, my roster is currently sitting at 15 kids, 15!!!  I'm sure it won't stay that way but I'm pretty excited about the number right now.  My room is still a mess but it is starting to look more like a classroom.  Here are just a few of the 234987325 tasks I tackled the past two days.
This is my Bear Paw wall that we use for our school-wide PBIS behavior management system. The stars are laid out for my Open House Scavenger Hunt (more on that next week!).

Here is my new and improved classroom library.  I change out the books in the baskets often to keep the titles fresh and I label them using the AR system. Chapter books are along the top. 

My new science wall that's ready for my science vocabulary cards.  The cute bunting is from Lovely Little Leaders! Sorry for the glare from the lamination!

I just finished organizing ALL my math manipulatives and classroom supplies into the blue tubs.  They were under $5 for 5 baskets at Wal-Mart. You can grab the labels for $1.00 from my TPT Store! Click on the picture to get them. I printed them on colored paper, colored ink is treasured at our school so I try to use colored paper whenever possible. The clear big boxes are my common core ELA units with the books I plan on using for each unit. (Those labels are not included in the manipulative pack). The white tubs are my non-fiction books.  I tried to put them with the rest of my library but there was just no room, so they are on this shelf instead.


I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this math alphabet from Lovely Little Leaders. and its FREE! I can't wait to add math vocabulary throughout the year.  Sorry for the messy counter, my room is still in progress!

I also made another cute bunting for outside my room, looking at this picture I think I need to add more color, it's so cinder-block looking! 

Well, that's it for now...still so much to do.  We have another week before kiddos come but LOTS of Professional Development is planned for next week.  I'm off to work on some 4th grade things for the awesome 4th grade team, hope everyone has a great weekend!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment