1. In April, I married the most wonderful husband (Mark). He is also an amazing elementary teacher and baseball coach. We are currently
suffering through attending the same graduate program together. We work together, go to school together and are so lucky to have so many things in common. He really is the best and words cannot describe how much he means to me.
2. I am super lucky to teach 2nd grade AND have adjoining rooms with my very best friend! We met during my first year teaching 1st grade and have been partners in crime ever since! It's scary how many times we come to school wearing the same outfit and we swear we don't plan it! Like in this picture for example (sorry for the blurriness, a student took the picture and it's with my iPhone). It's rare to find such good friends and I am so glad to have her right next door, she makes teaching even more fun!
3. I LOVE everything to do with water. I love beaches, lakes, rivers even pools. This is somewhat embarrassing but since I'm in a sharing mood, I bought a blow-up pool for my backyard last summer because I was going through serious pool envy! And my sweet husband would blow it up, fill it up and empty it for me whenever I wanted to lay out in it : ). Here are some beautiful pictures of water places I have had the pleasure of standing in front of.
4. I am an avid reader. I particularly love young adult books (even though I am definitely too old of the genre) and I am a sucker for a good series. I could spend hours in Barnes and Noble, I love my iPad but sometimes miss having to actually go walk around Barnes and Noble to find a good book. Here are some of my favorites.
5. I absolutely HATE to cook and will do everything in my power to go out to eat. I have tried cooking and pinning new recipes but it's just so much work and nothing ever turns out as good as I want it to be. The only recipe I have for something that's REALLY good actually belongs to Mark and it's his Buffalo Chicken Dip. I can make that it and it always turns out yummy.
6. I am an Apple junkie (not the fruit) and am the proud owner of an iPhone, iPad and Macbook. Love them all!
7. As much as I love being a North Carolinian, my home state of Virginia will always have a special place in my heart.
My family still lives in Virginia, who I miss dearly and don't get to see nearly as often as I would like. Especially my two baby brothers (who aren't really babies anymore).
Well, that's probably more information than you ever wanted to know about me : ) Head over to Step into 2nd Grade and link up!