Tell Me More, Tell Me More!

I love summer linky parties and this one is so fun!  Mrs. Lemons over at Step into 2nd Grade is hosting a link party called Tell Me More, Tell Me More (Grease reference anyone??).  So here goes some more information about me!
1. In April, I married the most wonderful husband (Mark).  He is also an amazing elementary teacher and baseball coach. We are currently suffering through attending the same graduate program together. We work together, go to school together and are so lucky to have so many things in common.  He really is the best and words cannot describe how much he means to me.




2. I am super lucky to teach 2nd grade AND have adjoining rooms with my very best friend!  We met during my first year teaching 1st grade and have been partners in crime ever since!  It's scary how many times we come to school wearing the same outfit and we swear we don't plan it! Like in this picture for example (sorry for the blurriness, a student took the picture and it's with my iPhone). It's rare to find such good friends and I am so glad to have her right next door, she makes teaching even more fun!


3. I LOVE everything to do with water.  I love beaches, lakes, rivers even pools.  This is somewhat embarrassing but since I'm in a sharing mood, I bought a blow-up pool for my backyard last summer because I was going through serious pool envy!  And my sweet husband would blow it up, fill it up and empty it for me whenever I wanted to lay out in it : ).  Here are some beautiful pictures of water places I have had the pleasure of standing in front of. 




4. I am an avid reader.  I particularly love young adult books (even though I am definitely too old of the genre) and I am a sucker for a good series.  I could spend hours in Barnes and Noble, I love my iPad but sometimes miss having to actually go walk around Barnes and Noble to find a good book. Here are some of my favorites.



5. I absolutely HATE to cook and will do everything in my power to go out to eat.  I have tried cooking and pinning new recipes but it's just so much work and nothing ever turns out as good as I want it to be.  The only recipe I have for something that's REALLY good actually belongs to Mark and it's his Buffalo Chicken Dip.  I can make that it and it always turns out yummy.

6. I am an Apple junkie (not the fruit) and am the proud owner of an iPhone, iPad and Macbook.  Love them all!


7. As much as I love being a North Carolinian, my home state of Virginia will always have a special place in my heart.

My family still lives in Virginia, who I miss dearly and don't get to see nearly as often as I would like.  Especially my two baby brothers (who aren't really babies anymore).

Well, that's probably more information than you ever wanted to know about me : )  Head over to Step into 2nd Grade and link up!

Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. Too funny! I'm a Virginia teacher and my husband and I also both elementary teachers -- and at the same school! We actually went through our entire program together -- we got married about a month after starting (seriously, we took a Spanish exam at 8am the morning after our wedding), and made it through the next five years taking most of our classes together.

    We just graduated in May with two degrees each (Bachelors and Masters), plus a sweet two and a half year old boy (yup, I totally had a child in the midst of our program!).

    Sarah
    There's No Place Like Second Grade

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww thanks for sharing your story Mrs. Plum! Everyone always asks us how we can spend so much time together and not get sick of each other. We definitely need our space from time to time but I love going through it all with him. We still have a couple years before we graduate, I can't wait for that day to come! We are holding off on babies until we are done (or close to it), that must have been such a challenge to do both!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mrs. Plum, I just saw on your blog you took your little one to the Udvar-Hazy museum. I grew up in Loudoun county, and my family is still there. Are you from the Northern Virginia area?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love those books too! Can't wait to see the second Hunger Games movie!

    ReplyDelete