Happy Mother's Day to all you wonderful mother's out there. We don't have any kids yet (except for the 20 in our classrooms every day) but that is a tough job and I hope you enjoy your day! I am counting down the days along with all of you until the glorious days of summer! Our summer will be extremely busy, so much so that we are both working ALL summer for grad. school. But, I am hoping to get a few extra things done, here's my bucket list and things I HAVE to do this summer! It makes me tired just looking at it, I thought summer was supposed to be restful! : )
1. Complete two online graduate school classes. (hopefully with A's!)
2. Complete about 250 clinical hours of speech language pathology in Virginia.
3. Attend a few American Legion baseball games, the hubby is a baseball coach and I can guarantee we will be at a few games this summer.
4. Find and read some fun books, that require very little thinking : ) Any suggestions??? These are some of my favorites I have already read, I recommend them all if you are looking for some good summer reads.
5. Organize and plan the first 6 weeks of ELA Common Core for Unit 1. (Technically I have already begun, if you are interested in seeing how I am tackling this let me know. It's not very exciting and I didn't think it would make for a very good post but if you are interested I can share my approach)
6. Paint my little bookshelf and buckets in my classroom. They are looking "loved" and could use a little help.
7. Put up wainscoting in our kitchen dining area. Something similar to this:
8. SHOP! I need some new clothes for school, of course! If you couldn't tell by my last post, I LOVE to shop : ) Here are some things I have been drooling over, minus the heels because let's be honest... I don't wear heels. I am just not a heel wearing girl.
9. Go to the beach, we live pretty close to Myrtle Beach and will get there at least once this summer.
10. Spend a week at my husband's parent's lake house, this is the time all those fun books will be read! I will also do some seriously blog stalking and quickly fill up a list of classroom-to-do's. Thanks to pinterest here are some classroom organizational things I am already trying to figure out how to incorporate in my classroom!
11. SLEEP IN, I love to sleep and cannot wait to wake up before 9 am!
Well, I better get crackin' if I am going to accomplish all this in two short months! Click on the picture below to link up your summer bucket list!