Meteorologist for a Day

I am loving this long weekend, it makes me want summer to hurry up and get here already!  In the spirit of summer, I am throwing a TPT Sale!!!  Everything in my store is 20% off from now until tomorrow!  Head on over and grab something for the end the year!!
The 2nd grade team and I met last Friday night to begin some serious discussion on next year's ELA planning.  We had previously used the Houghton Mifflin series and now are shifting to Common Core so we are looking at a lot of work ahead of us.  We had a great meeting and broke our unit into the first 6 weeks.  We each took a week and are gathering activities.  We are going to meet again next Friday to put it all together. During our meeting we had to create a project for the first six weeks since our county now requires a project per unit.  Our first unit is A Season of Chapters which focuses on Chapter books, weather and seasons.

 So, we came up with the Meteorologist for a Day project! The project incorporates a lot of our standards such as reading and interpreting informational text, giving an oral presentation and understanding weather patterns.  I have already printed it off and put it in my Unit 1 box for next year! You can get a copy on sale for $2.40 (until tomorrow night) by clicking the picture below!

Photobucket

7 comments:

  1. What a cute unit and it sounds perfect for the common core! If only I was staying in second next year!
    Lisa
    Stories From Second

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad that I wandered into your blog today. I am following you here and on TPT. I love, love, LOVE your stuff. Not only is it cute as all get out, but you are talkin' my language . . . common core.

    Kelley Dolling
    Teacher Idea Factory

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Kelley! I'm glad you found the blog!!!

    ReplyDelete