Non-Fiction Text Features Part Two

About a week ago, I made some Non-Fiction Text Features posters and today we did a great activity to go with them.  I have TONS of old Weekly Reader editions and I have been saving the free Scholastic News or National Geographic magazines they love to send to teachers in hopes that we will buy a subscription. I took all these, cut out the text features and we had a big ol' text feature sort today.  (I also cut up some REALLY old, torn up books to use a glossary, table of contents and index...I felt horrible cutting up a book but they were in really bad shape, I promise).  The Non-Fiction Text Feature Posters were my 101 follower freebie and you can still grab them for FREE by clicking the picture below!


You can also check out my kiddos in action.




Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for sharing! These are great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like a great idea! I'm starting Non-Fiction soon and might use this!

    Sara :)
    Smiling In Second Grade

    ReplyDelete