Math, Math, Math! {and a FREEBIE}

I just put the finishing touches on lots of Math fun for the upcoming 4th nine weeks! My school and the 2nd grade team are trying to make the last nine weeks our "transition" into common core for next year.  So, I used only the common core standards to create centers, games and activities.  You can click on the pictures below to grab the new Math Movers: Common Core Edition # 2 and the MEGA Number Sense 0-1000: Math Centers pack. 

 I also wanted to say THANK YOU to several of you who nominated Primary Punch for some GREAT blog awards.  I saw them and plan to write a great big ol' post tomorrow but I have been putting off my graduate school homework all day and if I don't start it, it won't get finished. But, thank you, thank you, thank you and I will be passing them along tomorrow!  



I almost forgot!  I also took one of my new games out of the MEGA Number Sense 0-1,000 pack to share as a FREEBIE with my wonderful followers.  I can't say it enough, I am very thankful to have such awesome teachers reading my blog each day.  You can grab it by clicking on the picture!

Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. I found your blog through the linky!! I'm your newest follower:) I hope you'll stop by my blog and check out the giveaway I'm having ..... Help me reach 100 followers:)
    www.123teachwithme.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool Stuff Deana! I plan on using some of it, as we are implementing the common core next year as well. I am new to your blog and haven't read far enough to know where you are at. I'm in NC and am frantically trying to start transitioning over to learn the Common Core. Any advice?-Kristi

    oneluckyteacher.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kristi! I work in Cumberland County, NC. We are a little frantic about the transition as well. We have some great instructional coaches that are helping us to begin thinking Common Core but next year is going to be a BIG change. Our county has slowly been giving us documents and we have found the crosswalks to be the biggest help in terms of math. For ELA, they have gone with the curriculum mapping project and their 6 units. Those have been helpful but we are seriously lacking many of the book titles on the lists. As far as advice, I would say to start thinking about it now and try to gather as many resources as you can because next year will be quite a transition : ) Thanks for following too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for this Deana!! We are transitioning to Common Core as well, but have found they align fairly well with what we already had in place. In fact some of the Common Core are much easier than the original Hawaii State Standards!! We just switched to Go Math this year which is already aligned!! I love it so much more than EM!! These games will be very helpful as I am trying to now set up Math Centers in my class:) Thank you so much for the shout out and the award!!

    Corinna
    Surfin' Through Second

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just found your blog!! I am lovin' it! So cute!!

    ReplyDelete